If you choose to study as an undergraduate at Kingston Law School, you will be given the opportunity to take on legal and non-legal internships as well as placements throughout your degree.
The benefits of work experience
As a law student, work experience is considered to be a ‘must have’ among employers. It is a crucial part of your degree, running alongside your academic study. Work experience is beneficial because:
• It gives you the chance to build your networking skills and make the contacts you might need in the future.
• It allows you to put the theory you’ve learned in the classroom to practical use.
• It shows employers your capabilities and that you are motivated to develop a career in Law.
• It allows you to gain an understanding of the legal profession and gives you a glimpse of your potential future career.
• In the case of a 12-month placement, you will be awarded with an additional certificate reflecting your placement experience.
How we help you
You will not be negotiating the minefield of securing work experience alone: we will be with you every step of the way. We provide guidance and advice for application forms, competency and psychometric tests, assessment centres and interviews, including conducting mock interviews.
Our dedicated placement team will let you know of the latest placement and internship opportunities and check your CVs and cover letters. We can help you find work experience through our network of contacts with employers or through our workshops, job fairs, and networking and speed interviewing events.
If you have any queries about how placements work, please do not hesitate to contact us: Placement Office, Room 311, Business School, Kingston Hill
Telephone: 020 8417 5266